Wifi to Infrared Adapter – Irdroid wifi v3.0
The Irdroid Wifi to Infrared Adapter (Irdroid WIFI) provides Wi-Fi 802.11n connectivity to infrared (IR) devices in a small and slick enclosure that fits in the palm of your hand. It includes both a receiver and emitters to control all of your components.
The main features of the Irdroid Wifi to Infrared Adapter are:
- Universal Wifi infrared remote control for Android and PC
- Extended remote control range (10+ meters )
- User friendly remotes database browser
- Compatibility with many LIRC clients for Android & windows/Linux
- Wide operating angle (no need to point the device to the TV )
- KISS design (Keep it simple)
- Home automation via IR controllable devices.
- Wifi 802.11n 150mbps Router
- 1800maH power bank
- Open source software & *hardware
The Irdroid Wifi to Infrared Adapter consist of two modules the Wifi to Infrared Adapter main unit which is actually running Openwrt Linux 3.10 and a USB Infrared transceiver unit , which assures the Infrared (IR) connectivity. The Wifi to Infrared Adapter main unit is based on RT5350 SoC which runs at 350MHz, 32MB SDRAM and 4 Megabytes of flash memory for the Linux Kernel and for the user level applications.
Irdroid Wifi Interfaces:
- Wi-Fi 802.11n wireless interface
- Ethernet interface
- USB 2.0 Interface
Supported Applications for Android:
- Amote – Lirc Client for Android
- lirc-client – Another Lirc client for Android
- Irdroid Macro Remote – Lirc client for Android with macro support
- NFC Remote – Lirc client for Android with NFC support
- Many PC lirc clients are also supported.
Supported Remote controls (2000+)
Read more about Irdroid Wifi and Irdroid USB Tranceiver (Hosted at Irdroid.com) :
- Irdroid Wifi Blog post
- Irdroid USB IR Tranceiver Blog post
- Irdroid Developer’s API Blog Post
- JAVA Lirc client library for socket communication with Irdroid wifi / LIRC