The Irdroid IoT Development Board is a home automation board that will allow you to rapidly design WiFi home automation systems. The Irdroid IoT Development Board is practically fully functional Linux Computer, running the free and open source OpenWRT Linux Distribution. The Irdroid IoT Development Board will allow you to remotely control RF Sockets and RF Light bulbs / switches via HTML5 web page . The Board also runs a Telnet / SSH daemons, Web Server and you have all the board’s GPIO’s available on PIN Headers.The Board comes with all the software source code, schematics and user manuals.
The Irdroid IoT Development Board features:
– Ralink RT5350 Embedded Soc @ 360 Mhz
– 32MB SDRAM Memory
– 8MB Flash Memory (For Kernel, filesystem and Openwrt)
– I2C, SPI , UART1 & UART2 Serial Interfaces, USB 2.0 Interface
– Two Ethernet Interfaces (WAN , LAN)
– One RF433 MHz Transmitter Module, connected and controlled by SoC GPIO0
The board comes with preinstalled uboot bootloader and OpenWRT Linux distribution, which includes also IoT remote control applications and software like RCSwitch for controlling RC 433.9Mhz remote control switches and a Mobile HTML5 web application , configured for work with the RC switches (Remote controlled RC Switches) , which gives the possibility to add unlimited number of RCSwitches in custom configuration for a full home automation solution.
- – Home Automation Development Computer. The Open Source apps like LIRC,RCSwitch and serial web proxy will allow you to rapidly and easyly build Home Automation Systems
- – IoT Development Computer. With its available interfaces, you can turn Irdroid IoT Development Board into a IoT main unit, and you will be able to control RC Switches, RC Lights and RC Sockets
- – Internet Router with IoT capabilities – The OpenWRT open source Linux distributions will allow you to easyly create one
- – Inexpensive PLC with the open source protocols, available on the Internet.
The Hardware project is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. You may reproduce it for both your own personal use, and for commertial use. You will have to provide a link to the original creator of the project https://www.irdroid.com on any documentation or website. You may also modify the files, but you must then release them as well under the same terms.Credit can be attributed through a link to the creator website: https://www.irdroid.com
The Irdroid IoT Development Board Development board comes with preinstalled uboot bootloader and the OpenWRT Linux distribution. The board also comes with the following preinstalled applications:
- – OpenWRT Linux Distribution for embedded systems with Linux Kernel 3.10.36
- – The RCSwitch application for controlling RF433Mhz remote control sockets, lights and switches
- – Web Based HTML5 Interface for RCSwitch
The software is released under GPL. You are free to modify the code to fit your own purpose by downloading it from our GIT repository from here : http://github.com/Irdroid/Irdroid-WiRF433